Muscle floss for ankles
A common complaint that many athletes have is pain in their ankles. This is especially true if their main activity involves frequent, sharp compression of the landing foot, such as kicking in football or jumping. Trouble usually happens out of the blue and can happen suddenly, often resulting in swelling of the tissues of the ankle. So to effectively relieve the discomfort we recommend the following physiotherapy.
1. Start wrapping the in the middle of the foot, above the arch
2. Tightly wrap up and over the heel until you're roughly 1/3 of the way up the shin. Then go back down over the area already covered, again making sure that the band is tightly wrapped
3. When you've finished the wrap slowly bring your toes towards you as far as possible, pause for 2 seconds, then relax back into the natural position.
4. Keep your leg straight when performing the exercise
5. Do this for no more than 1 minute then remove the muscle floss.
Note: This wrap is intentionally firmer than most other wraps so whenever your toes, ankle or leg starts to feel more than a little uncomfortable, remove the compression.